Construction Project Superintendent
Reports to: Construction Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
A growing construction firm is looking for an onsite Construction Project Superintendent (CPS) to oversee the day-to- day jobsite operations of commercial construction projects. The CPS will supervise construction projects from the permitting stage through final punch list completion. Projects range in size from $200K office remodels up $50M renovations, including occupied renovations. The CPS coordinates all site construction activities including the supervision of all construction personnel, materials, and equipment; ensures that plans and specifications are being followed, ensures work is proceeding on schedule and within budget; ensures work is being conducted in a safe and professional manner; successfully completes the project on schedule and within budget.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the Construction Project Manager throughout the project.
- Assist Estimator and Project Manager with subcontractor buy out.
- Accurately and timely prepare daily reports and field documentation.
- Work with Project Manager on obtaining all requirements of the local jurisdiction to obtain required permits and final approval or certificate of occupancy prior to completion date
- Schedule and attend municipal inspections.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Manage multiple subcontractors and vendors across several trades to assure that specifications are met.
- Create punch lists for subcontractors
- Oversee, conduct, and document weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors as necessary
- Regularly inspect work being performed on the project to ensure quality is being achieved
- Manage construction scheduling on a tight timeline
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Must maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Ensure the jobsite is maintained in a clean, safe manner. Rectify any job site hazards immediately.
- Regularly review contract documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings, testing requirements, manufacturer’s installation instruction, as-built requirements, close-out requirements, etc.) with team members and subcontractors and to ensure they are being followed
- Enforce company and project policies.
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in commercial construction.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word and construction software.
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenges daily.
- Must display strong organizational, written and oral communication skills and effective listening skills.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Must have ability to interact professionally and timely with customers, vendors, management, and other stakeholders.
- Must have a critical eye and an attention to detail.
- Must show proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Should have relevant work experience in commercial construction.
- OSHA 10 and CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Must pass drug screen, and criminal background check.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience supervising all phases of construction projects.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must be able to read and understand plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Must be available for 100% travel - When stationed away from home, NPSG will provide a living per diem and pay to send the CPS home twice a month.
Interested in applying? Send an email to email@example.com and attach your resume