Senior Accountant - Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Accounting Job Functions:
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet and profit and loss, and other statements.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing backup documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account
information and trends.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting
policy and regulations.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting system and procedures.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions and accounts.
- Prepares month end close tasks and meets all deadlines as outlined in the department.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepares close journal entries after analyzing the financials.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7+ years experience in an accounting/financial role.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year- end close process.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Proficient in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Accounting Software.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Interested in applying? Send an email to email@example.com and attach your resume